Start with a pair of converse sneakers...new or cleaned up hand me downs.
Place a dab of glue and rhinestones onto separate plates.
Using a toothpick apply small dots of glue to front of sneakers in a row. It is best to work two to three rows at a time.
Using the tweezers grasp and apply the rhinestones to your sneaker pressing firmly to attach.
Keep following the glue and apply technique until the entire front of sneaker is covered in rhinestones.
Girl Power: Converse Makeover Part 1
What you need:
embellishing glue like Gem Tac or E600 ***(I tried Jewel It but it's not strong enough for shoes)
3MM round rhinestones: traditional silver and pink
1) Clean your sneakers if they are hand me downs.
2) Line your work surface with newspaper. Remember this glue is permanent.
3) Put a small amount of glue on your paper plate.
4) Using a toothpick make small dots of glue on the front of your sneakers working 2 rows at a time.
5) Dump your rhinestones on another paper plate.
6) Use your tweezers to grasp and apply your rhinestones to your glue dots pressing firmly into place.
7) Follow same technique to fill the front of sneaker with rhinestones.
8) Allow glue to set for 20 minutes and use another toothpick to remove excess glue from around rhinestones.
9) Allow to dry at least 24 hours before wearing.
Stay tuned for Converse Makeover Part 2!