BTW...the chicken is BOGO at Publix Supermarkets this week ;)
Click here for Printable Recipes!
Spicy Chipotle Chicken
3 tbsp oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 red or spanish onion, thinly sliced
10 oz can Rotel (diced) tomatoes with green chiles, drained
2 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
4 tbsp adobo sauce from chipotle peppers
1 package of Perdue Shortcuts Carved Chicken Breast, Southwestern Style, CUBED
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1) Add oil to skillet and cook onions and garlic over medium-low heat for 10 minutes to start carmelization process.
2) Add diced tomatoes, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce and chicken. Stir to combine.
3) Cook over medium to medium high for 3-5 minutes to warm all ingredients and reduce any liquid.
4) Stir in cilantro.
Serve with shredded white cheddar cheese, lime-cilantro rice, chopped green leaf lettuce, and guacamole!
2 cups uncooked white rice (jasmine or basmati) use traditional white rice...Not uncle bens style rice
3 1/2 to 4 cups water depends on your rice you choose
juice of 1 1/2 limes
zest of 1/2 to 1 lime
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup fresh cilantro or more to your taste preference
1) Add rice, salt, water and juice of 1 lime in rice cooker or heavy pot with tight fitting lid.
2) Cook rice approx. 20 minutes until done. Fluff rice with fork and allow to rest with lid on for another 5 minutes to redistribute moisture throughout.
3) When rice is cooked, toss rice with 1 tsp oil, juice of 1/2 lime, zest of 1 lime and cilantro.
Click here for chipotle corn salsa recipe.