They were pretty simple to make. It starts with Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita.
You might as well pour yourself one while your at it!
There you go...get yourself a little buzz going and whip them right up! LOL!
1 pkg (18.25 ounces) white cake mix (no pudding in the mix)
10 ounces Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita
3 egg whites
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon lime zest grated
1) Preheat oven to 350° F. Line standard muffin pan with baking cups.
2) In large bowl, combine cake mix, Margarita mix, egg whites and vegetable oil using electric mixer. Stir in lime zest; mix completely. Fill prepared pans 2/3 full.
***I like to use ice cream scooper. Perfect size everytime!
3) Bake 22-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean.
4) Cool in pan on cooling rack 5-8 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely.
For mini cupcakes: Bake 350° F for 10-15 minutes.
Cupcakes From: Wilton Cupcake Fun Book
2 sticks of butter, room temperature
1 1/4 lb confectioner's sugar, sifted
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp Jose Cuervo Golden Margarita
2 limes, zest only
Green gel paste food color
1) In mixer, beat butter on medium-high speed until creamy, approx. 2 minutes.
2) Reduce speed to medium and gradually add 4 cups confectioner's sugar 1/2 cup at a time. scrap down sides as needed.
3) Increase speed to high and beat 30 seconds.
4) Add margarita, lime juice and zest. Beat until frosting is smooth.
6) Add up to 1 cup more of confectioner's sugar to make sweeter, if needed.
5) Add gel paste food color a drop at a time (use new toothpick each time). Blend and add more color if needed to reach desired shade of green.
6) Frost cupcakes with offset spatula generously.
7) Sprinkle with dash of margarita salt.
Store in fridge.