Mmmm...turkey burgers are my favorite! Especially when layered with melted cheese and piled high with the sweetness of carmelized onions and roasted red peppers on a toasty bun!
Cheesy Roasted Red Pepper Turkey Burgers w/ Carmelized Onions
1.25 lbs ground turkey (93/7)
3 tbsp worcheshire sauce
1/2 tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp italian seasoning, dried
1 whole roasted red pepper
4 oz cheese (monterey jack, cheddar, or mozzarella), grated
4-8 Potato Rolls
1 whole Onion, Carmelized
1) Saute garlic in oil for 2-3 minutes. Reserve oil.
2) Combine ground turkey, worcheshire sauce, salt, pepper italian seasoning and garlic.
3) Form into compact patties...careful not to handle too much. 4 normal sized patties or 8 sliders
4) Place on oiled grill or grill pan over medium heat.
5) Cook about 5 minutes on one side.
6) Carefully flip (only once) and allow to cook until internal temperature reaches 160-170 degrees F about 5 minutes.
7) Top burgers with cheese. When cheese begins to melt remove burgers from heat.
8) Brush the rolls using oil from sauteed garlic. Toast the rolls on grill briefly.
9) Place burger on bun and top with roasted red peppers and carmelized onions. Top with bun.
Had to come up with something yummy for TMTT from Blessed with Grace and TATT from All the Small Stuff.