Add the confectioner's sugar, vanilla and salt. Looks like somebody got caught tasting the peanut butter. LOL!
Your mixture will be a little crumbly but when you form the peanut butter balls it will come together nicely.
Mmmm-mmmm...Look at all that peanut butter deliciousness !
Then, dip those babies in the melted chocolate and make yourself a cute lil swirl on top with a toothpick. I realize there are no dipping pictures. Dipping 20 PB drops with 4 1/2yr old twins plus using a camera was too much for me LOL!
After all that hard work you deserve to take a bite and enjoy! Ok well if you are like me...maybe 4 or 5 bites and enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Drops
2/3 cup Creamy NATURAL Peanut Butter
2 1/2 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup confectioner's sugar
12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp vegetable shortening
1) With a mixer, combine peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt on low.
2) Add confectioner's sugar and mix until well blended.
3) Add additional confectioner's sugar if needed.
4) Shape into 1" ball. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and put in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
5) Put chocolate chips and vegetable shortening in microwave safe bowl.
6) Microwave for 45 seconds on medium. Stir and repeat until completely smooth.
7) Working quickly so PB balls do not get soft, use a fork to dip PB drops into melted chocolate, rolling around to completely cover. Gently tap fork on edge of bowl to remove excess chocolate. Place on parchment paper. If you wish, you can use a toothpick to create a little swirl on top. Refrigerate or freeze. You may need to put chocolate back in microwave will dipping to re-melt and stir until smooth.